Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Picture I Am Fond Of


I want to share this photo with you all (and hopefully many others to come) just because.  This was taken in Gotha, Fl while on my '08-'09 motorcycle adventure.  I was couchsurfing with my friend Matt and we drove out to visit Bob Ross's grave.  I Mecca'ed to a few of my hero's places of rest but this was the first and possibly the best.  Mom always used to make me watch either Bob Ross or professional bowling 'cause she wanted me to be either a painter or pro-bowler so I could take care of her in her old age.  Sorry Mom!

One of my earliest memories of school is getting called upon to answer a math question in the first grade.  We would have to read the question aloud first (which I now realize was done to help our reading skills - learning about reading during math?  Say whaaaa?)  "If Joe is bowling and knocks down 7 pins, how many pins are left standing?"  I was sweating bullets.  "I didn't answer the question Mrs. Powers..."  This was unheard of!  I always did my homework!  "Why didn't you answer the question, Robbie?"  "Well, Mrs. Powers, I've never been bowling."  You'd think that after watching hours of professional bowlers on daytime television in my pre-school years that I would've picked up on that...Anyway, Mom took me bowling that weekend after a phone call home from Mrs. Powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment